Top 10 Posts of 2020



2020 was a crazy year - that goes without saying!  But, we had a lot of fun still here at Running on Pixie Dust and I'm excited to take a look back with you at my top 10 posts of the year.  From running to recipes, travel and family, there's a little something for everyone!

10.    Family Guide to Sesame Street Land at SeaWorld Orlando - Before COVID hit, we had the chance to visit Orlando in January and spent two days exploring SeaWorld with the kids.  This was the first time I had been to the park in 25 years and so much had changed.  We loved exploring Sesame Street Land with our boys!


9.    Holiday Gift Guide for Runners - I've been lucky this year to join the BibRave Pro Ambassador family and as such have had the chance to try out some amazing running gear.  I compiled a list of some of my favorites to share with you in a holiday gift guide which became a very popular post in Decemeber!

8.    Hersheypark Seasonal Events 2020 - If you've read my site over the past few years, you'll know that Hershey, PA is one of my favorite places to visit.  I was excited to share with my readers the awesome activities that took place in the fall and winter - Hersheypark in the Dark and Christmas Candylane.  These are annual favorites and we can't wait for next year to hopefully be back to normal so we can enjoy more time in the "Sweetest Place on Earth!"

7.    Visiting Kennedy Space Center with Kids - On our Orlando vacation, we were fortunate to be hosted for a day at Kennedy Space Center following our Disney Cruise.  My husband and I had visited Kennedy several years ago, but this was our first time with kids.  They LOVED it!  Kennedy Space Center is the perfect blend of history, education, and fun.  


6.    Have a SWEET Quarantine - The early weeks of lockdown had us all a little out of sorts.  Here I was able to share a way that I brought a touch of one of my favorite local destinations, Hershey, PA, to our home when we couldn't go there.  We watched roller coaster rides, enjoyed coloring sheets, and I made some yummy Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Brownies!

5.    Visiting a Hotel During Coronavirus - Travel looked VERY different once COVID hit.  Our family didn't venture far this summer, but we did take some long weekend road trips to nearby destinations and enjoyed sometime outside exploring National Parks, hiking, and cycling.  Our first weekend away was to Jim Thorpe, PA and I shared how different travel looked for hotel stays in a COVID world.

4.    Biking the GAP Trail - It was during coronavirus that my son learned how to ride a bike. . .and then he didn't stop!  As I mentioned above, we spent some time doing local travel to bike trails and new places.  My 8 year old rode the entirety of the GAP and C&O Canal Trails - a journey of over 330 miles from Pittsburgh to Washington, D.C. - during the summer.  Here we chronicle our adventure on the GAP trail which we accomplished in a 5 day road trip.



3.    Walt Disney World Totchos Copycat Recipe - Missing Disney, I decided to try my hand at making my own totchos recipe, but I was on Weight Watchers at the time and wanted to put my own spin on the dish by making it "points" friendly.  Find out how I accomplished a copycat totchos recipe that was friendlier to Weight Watchers than the original.

2.    Castaway Cay 5K Race Recap - My only IRL race of 2020 was the Castaway Cay 5K in January.  The Castaway Cay 5K is a FREE fun run offered on every Disney Cruise Line vacation that stops in Castaway Cay, Bahamas.  I love taking part in the race and share my "must know" tips before running - you know, for whenever cruising returns!

1.    DC Batman Run: 5 Ways to Have a SUPER Virtual Race - I was so excited that this was my top post of 2020 as it was a lot of fun to write!  As a BibRave Pro Ambassador, I get to run some fun races and one that was Batman themed was right up my alley.  


So that's the year 2020 in review!  Thanks for hanging in there for yet another crazy year.  Next year marks year lucky #7 at this site and it promises to be a good time.  Here's to more adventures and a return to "normalcy" in 2021.  Cheers to the new year!
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment