Muppet Babies: They Make Birthday Dreams Come True!

When it came time to plan a birthday party in quarantine (yes. . .it's 2021 and we STILL can't see people), I decided to try and make the as special as I could for my almost 6 year old.  He was going to have his own special day where we would do what he wanted to do and celebrate how he wanted to celebrate - even if it was just us.  I asked him what theme he wanted for his birthday and he said without hesitation - Muppet Babies.  I immediately went into panic mode.  


Muppet Babies Birthday - www.runningonpixiedust.com


Muppet Babies isn't a new concept.  I remember watching Muppet Babies as a child growing up, but Disney Junior rebooted the series several years ago and my littlest has been obsessed with it ever since.  In fact, he runs around the house and will tell a new joke or say something about being brave and when we asked where he learned these things, he'll often say "I learned it on Muppet Babies!"  So with such a great show that means so much to him, why did I panic?  Apparently retailers don't realize how awesome Muppet Babies is for kids.  No Muppet Babies decorations at Party City.  No Muppet Babies decorations or toys at Target.  What is a mom supposed to do?  Time to get creative and put the power of the Internet to work!




Anyone who know me, knows I'm more an Amazon Prime mom than a Pinterest mom.  On my trusty friend Amazon, I was able to find a plates and napkins set and a photo backdrop.  There were some sets that included a tablecloth too, but I didn't want to spend the extra money so I headed over to Wal-Mart and bought some simple plain colored streamers, a tablecloth, and a hanging honeycomb ball.  I also dug out some old "Happy Birthday" table decorations I had and added some balloons from Party City.  With that - the room transformation was complete!



Next came the cake.  My sone wanted an ice cream cake from our favorite local ice cream shop, Hoffman's Ice Cream.  They make delicious ice cream cakes, but design options are limited.  I knew that I wouldn't be able to get a Muppet Babies theme decorated on the cake, so we simply went with bright stars and I added some toothpick cupcake toppers that I found on Etsy to the cake to make it right on theme.  We had pizza for dinner prior to the cake and I printed out a Pizzerizzo sign to add a Muppet's touch to that as well!


Birthday Cake! - www.runningonpixiedust.com


I even extended the theme to his birthday gifts.  Gonzo is his favorite so I found a Gonzo shirt on Amazon and ordered it for him.  It was his first gift of the day so he could wear it!  Next, he opened a joke book so that he could tell jokes like Fozzie Bear - Wocka! Wocka!  Later in the day, he unwrapped a painting project that I custom ordered from a local art store - COB 51.  They made a Gonzo and Fozzie Bear canvas for me that they boys painted as part of the party.  His final present was the game Hot Potato after Gonzo's friend - Potato.  

With a little creative ingenuity, we were able to organize a super fun and very Muppet Babies birthday celebration.  Caleb hugged me that night at bedtime and told me it was the best birthday ever - and that makes everything worth it!  


Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment