At Home Pirate Day Family Fun

Have a pirate day of fun!

Looking to bring a little magic to a day at home?  I love creating Disney themed days for my kids and thought I would share my latest one here.  We're all missing the magic of Disney right now so we took advantage of some of our leftover goodies from our recent Disney Cruise Line vacation to plan a pirate themed day at home.  Here are a few ideas to recreate your own pirate experience with your little buccaneers.

Pirate Costumes 


We started off the day getting dressed in our pirate-y best.  On our recent Disney Cruise Line vacation on the Disney Dream, our whole family had makeovers at The Pirate's League on Pirate Night.  I saved all of our take home items - sashes, bandanas, eye patches, swords, etc. - and we used them to get dressed up.

Read more about The Pirate's League on Disney Cruise Line here!


If you don't have pirate costumes at your house, see how creative you can get.  Do you have any material you could use to make your own bandanas?  Can the kids draw their own swords on a recycled box and cut it out?  You could even cover it in aluminum foil to make it look more real! And don't forget, eye makeup can easily give a few pirate touches to anyone's face.

Pirate Activities


While we are social distancing / learning from home, coming up with educational activities during the day was a must.  My youngest son who is in Pre-K chose a Jake and the Neverland Pirates book from his collection to read with me that day.  We laughed at silly Captain Hook and Mr. Smee while counting Gold Doubloons with Jake and his crew.  For my older son in second grade, he found a book about pirates in one of his reading collections online from his school that he read independently.  We also practiced some pirate-y problem solving skills with this scavenger hunt that I found on Pinterest.  The boys LOVED it and have been begging me for more activities like this.  Of course, not ALL of our learning activities were pirate themed, but I did the best I could to add a little swashbuckling adventure to the day.  There are tons of pirate themed craft ideas online too that a quick s

Pirate Themed Dinner & A Movie


We wrapped up the night with an easy dinner from under the sea.  With kid favorites like fish sticks and popcorn shrimp, it was an easy crowd pleaser.  We also decided to break the rules a bit and do dinner in the living room while we watched Pirates of the Caribbean on Disney+.  If you're not sure if your kids are old enough for pirate stories starring Johnny Depp, you can end your pirate day with Jake and the Neverland Pirates.  I'm not sure about you, but I think he is one of the most underrated pirates out there and I'm so glad we can watch him again on Disney+ since he stopped airing on Disney Junior!

For more information on educational and fun content on Disney+, check this out!


So that's it!  A few easy ways to add some pirate fun to your stay-at-home day with kids.  I was able to pull this off with just the things I had on hand at the house, so it was simple, but fun.  If you try out your own pirate night, be sure to tag me on Twitter and Instagram @dsnyrunrgrl so I can "sea" your adventures!  Ahoy!!
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment