Walt Disney World Totchos Copycat Recipe

Woody's Lunchbox Totchos

Food blogging isn't normally my jam, but when it comes to recreating the magic of a favorite copycat Walt Disney World recipe and it goes well, I feel the need to share it so others can get in on the fun.  If you're a regular at Walt Disney World, you know that totchos are a hot commodity.  And Disney fans can rejoice in the fact that totchos are super easy to recreate in your own kitchen to bring a little bit of Disney Parks magic to your day!  Added bonus, I've found a few ways to save some calories on my recipe and give you the breakdown of how this works into my Weight Watchers Blue plan.

What are totchos?


Totchos are essentially nachos but made with tater tots instead of tortilla chips.  You can top them with any number of goodies, just like you would with nachos - the sky is literally the limit!  So why mess with something as good as nachos?  I don't know the origin story of the totcho, but trust me when I tell you it's delicious.  I feel like it's even more filling than nachos as the tater tots are more dense than the tortilla chips.  



There are a few locations to check out for your totcho fix when around the parks.  My personal favorite (and the inspiration for my recipe) is at Woody's Lunchbox in Toy Story Land at Disney's Hollywood Studios.  In Magic Kingdom, the Friar's Nook has Creamy Bacon Macaroni and Cheese Tots as well as Loaded Buffalo Chicken Tots on their menu.  Menus change frequently at Disney Parks so make sure you are checking current menus and keeping your eyes open for totchos at the Walt Disney World Resort.

How to make totchos at home?


Here's my super simple recipe for creating totchos just like those at Woody's Lunchbox at Disney's Hollywood Studios from the comfort of your own kitchen.  You'll notice that I used some alternative ingredients here to make these fit more within my weight watchers plan.




  1. Bake Green Giant Veggie Tots (I used the cauliflower ones) according to package instructions.  1 serving is 6 tots. . .you can use as many as you'd like, but keep that in mind when making your totchos.  I used a double serving of veggie tots which was 7 points.
  2. Heat a can of Hormel Vegetarian Chili with Beans.  This is only 3 points for per serving (1/2 can).
  3. Once veggie tots are baked and chili is heated, cover totchos with your chili.
  4. Add Kraft Fat Free Shredded Cheddar Cheese and heat in microwave until melted.  Fat Free Shredded Cheddar is 0 points for 1/4 cup.
  5. Lastly, top with 1 tbsp of light sour cream for 1 more point and the proverbial icing on the cake!

So there you have it, a totcho dinner that comes in at 11 Weight Watchers Blue points.  While that's just under half of my daily points, I can plan accordingly to fit it into my day when I want a special treat.  And, I have to admit, they were still pretty good - even with the lighter substitutions!

Comment below if you give this recipe a try and let me know what you think!  I'd like to try to recreate more iconic Disney Parks food with a Weight Watchers twist, so feel free to suggest some of your favorites and I'll see what I can come up with.  Bon appetite!  


Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment